Pages

Monday, March 26, 2007

Quotes

"There is no act of faith more beautiful than generosity from the very poor"

Shantaram
Gregory Roberts

"You cannot categorize people by their religion,colour or nationality , but by their actions which are either good or bad "
Not Without My Daughter
Betty Mahmoody

Verses from Dead Poets Society


But only in their dreams
Can men be truly free
It was always thus
And always thus will be


Show me the heart unfettered by foolish dreams
And I will show you a happy man


Gather your rosebuds while you may
All time is still a flying
For this flower that smiles today
Tomorrow will be dying




I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately
I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life
To put to rout all that was not life
And not when I had come to die
Discover that I had not lived


To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield


No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering - these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for

Carpe Diem! Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary

No comments: